Monday, August 01, 2005

Children Should Be Scene Not Herd


Is it strange that whenever I'm driving alone I stop and wonder, "If I suddenly began choking, at this very moment, would I be able to pull over to a gas station quickly enough and get something to drink or convince someone to use the Heimlich maneuver on me before I passed out?" You would think this paranoia would make me uncomfortable driving in the country. It doesn't.

Is the world asking too much that we accept the danger of having drivers-in-training operating vehicles on the same streets as the rest of us? Shouldn't they have a training course of their own somewhere? Some facility? I don't trust people with their licenses, why should I be expected to drive amongst people without them?

And, gosh darn it, I never agreed to become an adult. Show me where I'm legally bound! Because I don't ever remember signing up to become an adult and it's an injustice that I should be expected to act like one!

Somewhere along the line I must have turned myself into an anagram.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mesothelioma lawyernumbers are for suckers