Thursday, December 08, 2005

Excuse My Tardiness

Have no fear, Bizzle is here.

I have not retired. I have not been buried alive. I have not turned into a vampire nor do I cringe at the light emanating from my computer screen. I've simply been busy. Math and Cosmonauts has a new song (with lyrics for one more, and music for another already written and partially recorded). And my eyes hurt from a two day commitment to the Santa Fe Film Festival, which, by the way, was spectacular. More on that later.

Like turkey leftovers, my postings have all but disappeared since Thanksgiving. Has anything amazing been happening? Not really. I have been receiving quite a few assignments from Crosswinds magazine, and I've also been getting a fair number of bills, so economically speaking I am but one pecunia above being impecunious. But I still try to live above my means and make grand entrances whenever possible. Why just the other day I rode in a coffee shop on a milk white stallion, wearing a pristine and pressed white mariachi vestments and a garland of roses. As my horse whinnied I brandished a sword and demanded of the barista, "Un cafe, hijo de puta, ya ya! Con leche, con la leche de la Virgen Madre! Muevete, maldito cerdo! Damela! Ya!"(Translation: "Coffee, you son of a bitch. Coffee with milk (completely unnecessary blaspheming), you damned pig. Give it to me. Now!") Needless to say I got my coffee in record time.

For those of you interested, here are my impressions of things I have seen, heard, or tasted recently.

1.The Squid and the Whale starring Jeff Daniels and Laura Linney; Grade: Steak well done (but not filet mignon) Funny without harming fish. I thought all humor was stemmed from abusing mackerel. Hmm. [For full review, click here.]


2. Syriana starring George Clooney, Matt Damon, Amanda Peet(moss), Jeffrey Wright, Christopher Plummer, some old drunk guy, some snotty kid, lots of Arabs, and William Hurt. Is Syriana a real place? Or is it a term only understood by the braniac think-tank members and oil tycoons who use it regularly? Is it a region in the Middle East? Or a gland responsible for the secretion of falcon sex hormones? I think it's a new type of scratch-resistant cookery. Grade: Veal cutlet, slightly overseasoned.


3. The New Owl Cafe @25 way. Burgers taste good. Burgers look small. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. Nope, they're not, I'm still hungry. Grade: A+ for taste, C- for size, and J for their jukebox. [For full review, click here.]



4. Walk the Line starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon. Pills pills pills. Rock rock rock. Pills pills pills. Roll roll roll. Joaquin Phoenix sounds more like Johnny Cash than Johnny Cash. Thank the sweet lord for Reese Witherspoon, she's a looker. Grade: Four rings of fire out of five.


5. Tongue tacos from Taco Cabana. Why did I even do this to myself? It should be rule that good decisions must be made before 12:00 a.m. After that, your brain goes kapoot. If you make a decision after 12:00 a.m. I think you should be fined $100.00. And that's a scientific fact. I checked with the CalTech Astrophysicists, it's all very mathematical, but it's the truth. Something about background radiation and isometric space. Confusing stuff. But the scientists say when you factor in Europa and Callisto, it becomes very evident the universe does not want us making decisions after midnight. (For further proof of this claim, watch Gremlins.)

More soon, I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mesothelioma lawyernumbers are for suckers