Monday, June 12, 2006

Howerton Hears the Who!



Recently I was afforded the opportunity to take a baked bean bath with the original members of the Who and conduct the first mass interview since the late 1970s. After scrutinizing my notes, which were smudged with molasses and Keith Moon's flop sweat, I was able to extract the following quotes, quotes that will surely make you love the Who even more than before. You better, you better, you bet!



Pete: "Did you know the bloody Kinks invented a number between three and four?"
Roger: "Bollocks."
Keith: "No, no. S'real. I've...urp...heard of 'at one. S'bloody five, ainit?"
Roger: "No, Keith. Five comes after four."
Pete: "Those bloody Kinks bested us again!"
John: "Fuckin' slag Ray Davies."
Keith: "John, be a dear and pour me a pint of gin in a thimble, wontcha? Ta."




Pete: "If I'm not yet Jesus I someday will be. All I need now's a dozen apostles. No. A baker's dozen. One up the old Hebrew."



Keith: "Alright, my lovely. I'll be the butcher and you'll be...the butcher's mother!"



Roger: "I can see for kilometers and kilometers. I can see for kilometers and kilometers. Hey, Pete. Are you sure about these lyrics? Feel a bit cumbersome."



John: "When Y2K hits the Who will be ready to rock! We've also stocked up on space ice cream and bottled water."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mesothelioma lawyernumbers are for suckers